"San Elijo State Beach is a very short stretch of beach that provides very accessible options:
1) both fee'd and free parking are available
2) flat beach with feet friendly smooth sand
3) shower available even for day use.
4) ramp for ADA needs.
5) campground has short shrub fence, hot shower, firepit and vehicle washing station.
6) scenic beach to watch sunset and lots of surfers (it's a known surfing area with mild to advance level surf zones.).
7) can do a bit of beach hopping to the Cardiff beach.
8) restaurants are only a 2-3 miles away, closeby restaurants 2 streets away.
9) facility clean and well maintained, firstaid includes AED. Camp store selling variety of items and even rents surfboards.
A very nice beach all in all...I can imagine it be crowded on sunny days, and that may be the only downside.